In some rare situations, most likely in some business environments, your IT administrators may have the network configured so that your Mac or your PC is not on the same subnet as your iPad. In this situation, the new automatic discovery system that Scorecerer uses (based on Apple's Bonjour protocol, also known as Zeroconf) to allow the desktop companion to find your iPad may not work.
We have added support into our latest versions Scorecerer (iPad and Desktop companion) to allow you to override the automatic configuration system and specify the address and port of your iPad manually. You must be running version 7.02 or newer to avail of this option. We cannot provide individual technical support for this feature. We assume that if your iPad and desktop are on different networks, then you have access to IT tech support at your location who will be able to help you if neccessary.
To use the manual process, follow the steps below
- Press the blue SYNC button in Scorcerer as normal
- Take note of the IP address and port number displayed in the sync dialog that appears
- On your PC or Mac run Scorecerer Desktop/Companion, click on File | Sync with iPad
- In the Wireless Sync dialog that appears, uncheck the setting "Find iPad automatically". After this, your sync dialog window should look like the following:
- Enter the IP address and port exactly as displayed on your iPad. Make sure you have no spaces anywhere.
- Press the Start button and your songs should get synchronized